Remodel Pre-Installation Checklist:
· All plumbing fixtures and sinks should be disconnected prior to your installation.
· New fixtures and sinks should be dropped off at our showroom or have them at the job site when we come template for your new countertops.
· Plan to have your kitchen “under construction” for 3-5 days, not including your backsplash installation.
· If you have laminate or tile countertops, your cabinets may need paint or stain work done after your granite installation (we can provide a contractor if needed)
· Shims may need to be added if your cabinets are not completely level in order to have
your countertops installed correctly and professionally.
· Countertop slabs weight several hundred pounds, and safety must be our number one priority. Sometimes, the safest way to install granite in tight spaces may cause minor damage to paint & cabinets. Plan to have possible touch-up paint and/or stain work done after your installation instead of before.
Some points to remember:
· Take samples to help you make your slab selection(s); include: paint colors, floor sample, backsplash tile, or any other finishes that you want to incorporate.
· If we have already given an estimate based on a granite sample from our showroom, please give the salesman the name of the particular granite. With this information,
he will make an effort to keep you in the quoted price range.
· The slabs will not be individually priced. This means that any slab you select can cause the price to fluctuate in either direction. Although the salesperson will
not be able to give you an exact price, he/she should be able to tell you
what range the slab is in (Group 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5/Exotics).
· Keep in mind your slab thickness. We only fabricate 3 cm slabs over 2cm slabs. They are less fragile, especially when dealing with marble and granite slabs that contain a large number of veins and movement.
· If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the office at
San Antonio: MJ Granite
12010 Warfield St,
San Antonio, TX 78216
M-F from 8-5 , Saturdays from 9-2
Houston: Arizona Tile
10811 Westview Circle Dr.
Houston, TX 77043
M-F from 7:30 - 4:30, Saturdays from 9-2
If visiting the Houston location, contact Brian Sancet at 713.292.5003 when enroute.
All slab selections should be held under the name Crossroads Flooring & Design!